Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Man Caves

I have a couple of man caves in my life.  They're awesome.  In fact, I’m sitting in one right now.  There are swords hanging on the wall to my left--and no one complains about it.  It has furniture that I like.  I have a docking station for my laptop that connects it my to home network, dual monitors, an awesome speaker system, etc.  Additionally, because this man cave being mine, and mine alone, it is almost always entirely clean.  But, by far the best part about this place is that when I am in here, there are brief moments that the world just feels right.  I know, it sounds weird, but it really does happen.  I attribute this to the fact that, in here, I have complete control  (clearly that doesn’t happen very much for me).

Ahhhh, there it is:

Lately, I have found myself having random thoughts that could readily be shared in an online forum.  Unfortunately, my wife doesn't exactly let me use her blog (I don’t think you can count that time that I hijacked it after she allowed her computer to remember her password).  Apparently she is a strict guardian of her blog's "integrity."  I guess her reaction is understandable, because usually what I have to say is somewhat on the dorky side.  It isn't my fault though.  I used up all of my vast quantity of awesomeness during our dating phase.  That is how I trapped her.

Anyway...

Hence, I have come to the inescapable conclusion that I need a place online where I have the control, i.e. a virtual man cave.  I envision this blog to be fairly random.  I won’t play any froo froo music (assuming I’m not making fun of something).  I won't mirror Heidi's chronicling of the family or her other experiences.  Nor would I want to…I actually really enjoy reading about my family from Heid’s perspective.  I will, however, give the "other perspective" on certain family events when I feel it is entertaining or necessary to defend my honor (I still remember that Christmas post from last year).   I know it may be surprising, but sometimes Heidi and I don't always think the same way about the same experiences.

So, welcome to the man cave.  Feel free to comment here…even if you think I’d think it was weird that you commented.  I blog-stalk people all the time.  In the man cave we wont judge you.  That is assuming, of course, that you don’t say something girly or really really gay…then I’ll make fun of you.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I blog-stalk people too! Uhhh . . .like now!

Anonymous said...

I am pretty sure that your first attempt at this post, you know the one that was lost forever, was much better.

Deb

Anonymous said...

your a dork! but i love ya!

Anonymous said...

haha i know nate there has to be something more than looking really really really good and super talented but my mom wont let me achieve something that high of a acomplishment




love brayden rose the one that clearly looks a lot better (: haha

Hyo said...

Nate - this is sooo awesome - I'm going to check it EVERY DAY!!...so don't disappoint me, got it???

Linda Barton said...

Nate- wow, I can't believe that finally there is a place where I can get actual intelligent blogging. I must say, you are bloggerrific! I am so bloggin' excited to read about the inner bloggy workings of such a massive brain! Holy blog! I feel so special right now,I need a moment to myself. Love Ya'

brees said...

I'm starting to think that you are going to update this as much as Heidi updates her blog! Just Kidding!

Nate said...

I have a post ready...I'm just waiting for a picture.

Plus, most people don't even know about my blog yet.

Linda Barton said...

First you get me all excited about getting smarter by reading your blog. I check-in every day. I'm starting to think that you've lost all confidence in yourself...how can I help?