Sunday, July 26, 2009

Mini Road Trip (day 2)

-Getting my kicks on rt 66.

-Went to 'Pops'...it could be described as being similar to Flo's (from Cars). The food was good, but the reason you go there is because they have every kind of soda (in glass bottles) known to man. The whole front of the store was 20 ft walls of bottles...it looked cool. We spent $40 on 12 different kinds of soda...and didn't get a single Diet Coke.

-I tried to see if I can upload pics, but blogger won't let me.

-Now we're driving in the rain...and wishing we had Diet Coke.

***Update

-Davis OK is home of the 1995 state football champions...awesome.

-One more racoon and some mystery roadkill added to the list.

-I think Christie's toy store might be like a regular toy store...but Heidi wouldn't go find out.

-Scenic outlooks in OK aren't very scenic.

-German bakeries (inside truck stops) on the TX/OK border aren't very german.

-Fatties BBQ is home of the El Farto Grande.

-Home in 25 minutes and it feels good. Great weekend all around.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

sounds like a blast looking forward to pictures

Linda Barton said...

Nate, my computer is jacked....I can't play my turn on scrabble...I will try to get it fixed soon, sorry!

Nate said...

I was wondering what happened...but how is it you could comment here and not play on FB?

Linda Barton said...

FB won't load. Sometimes my blogs work, other times it times out before it can make a connection. I have tried downloading malware but each time it says "download failed". I have reset my modem, next thing I will try is chucking the computer through the window and watching it splatter on the patio.....which reminds me of dads funniest joke about patios. Do you remember?

Linda Barton said...

BTW, I wish we could come to TX for the BYU game but our finances aren't cooperating. Maybe some other time.....

Nate said...

I totally don't remember the joke.

No problem on the BYU thing...I don't know that I'd even want to pay for tickets for that game, let alone travel. It could get ugly.