Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A Time and Season for Everything

I almost forgot that I had this blog. It wasn't until I saw it in my bookmarks that I remembered. Maybe my blogging career is just a phase. I go through lots of those.


For example: four or five months back
I all of the sudden wanted to be good at poker. So I read a lot of books, and played a lot online (almost every day). I am now really good. I understand position poker, can calculate pot odds quickly, and can consistently go really far in my neighborhood games. In fact, I haven't missed a final table since. I still like the game, but I
haven't really played in a couple of months...no desire.


There was one point where I wanted a motorcylce (which I still do, but I'm not obsessed with it). I would research different kinds, look on craigslist every day, etc. That went on for a few months...but reality must have set in that I have many more things to spend money on, and I don't necessarily want to fight that fight with Heidi.

I have more examples, but I hesitate to let the three people who read this blog know precisely how weird I really am. For those three: Do you have strange phases/obsessions?

Should this blog go by way of my other phases...?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

my vote is to keep blogging. it will be good for you to stick to it.

Linda Barton said...

I think it's genetic...the phase/obsession thing. One time I said to dad, "I've been thinking about something.." he interrupted and said, "well, don't think about it too long." But I have realized that this obsessive thinking helps me think things through completely, ponder stuff and get answers to many questions. So, my advice is keep obsessing, just choose your thoughts carefully.

FYI, the three people who read your blog already know how weird you are and still keep reading. And, don't sell yourself short....you are probably up to five people now. ;-)

Anonymous said...

or down to 2...