Monday, March 23, 2009

Fun with Logan...

So Logan is getting into his 3-year old bratty stride a little early.  His only problem is that he still has a cute little todler voice...so whenever he does or says bratty things it ends up being really funny.


For example, I called Heidi on the phone today and I could hear Logan in the background, and he was a little mad.  Apparently, he just got out of timeout and he still was not happy with his present situation.  Anyway, I heard Heidi give him a little 2-name warning (you know, the one where your mom calls you by your first and middle name)...And Logan walked up to her and in his combination sweet/mad voice he said: "mom, wanna piece of me?"  It was hilarious.  It took me five minutes to stop laughing about it (which was okay because he couldn't see me--but I don't think Heid was able to hold it in).  We try not to laugh so it doesn't get the wrong idea of what is funny.

These types of occurences come daily now.  Yesterday when I dropped him off at nursery in church, he started crying (which is a little wierd, but he was tired).  When the girl (someone that Logan really likes) came up to him and said "Hey Logan, wanna play with some toys?"  He gave her the crustiest look and said "I'm never talking to you!"  She laughed too.


So there you go.  Heid and I are on notice of what's to come.  It's nice that it is cute now...because we certainly know that it isn't cute coming from an 8-year-old.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, I think the little "naughty" inside is the best in kids. You can't help but laugh even when you should punish. Logan is getting sooooo big. in my experience, they don't grow out of the sarcasm and talking back, so, ...good luck with that!

brees said...

How funny, sounds like a mini you right?? Ha! Ha! I love his hair!! WOW! They are both getting so big.

Brooke said...

That is so funny! It really is hard not to laugh when they say those kinds of things.