Monday, March 23, 2009

Falling in love more each day...with Bridgette

My love affair with Bridgette reached new heights recently as I found that she can also make my commute better.  Thereby leaving really only one thing in life that she can't do for me (no, she probably could get me that...she can't bear children)

It all started on Sunday while I was being an awesome husband, wherein I was doing the dishes and listening to Pandora.  

Side note: If you guys don't know what pandora.com is, I highly reccommend it.  It is a website that will customize an entire radio station for you based on one or more songs or bands that you choose.  So, say you really like the song that is playing in the Cave right now.  You can go to Pandora, type in this song, and it will make an entire station of music that has similar characteristics of the song.

Anyway, I looked at the Pandora window and it had a little "download Pandora for your Blackberry" advertisement.  I was curious as to whether Bridgette could adequately stream music, so I tried it.  I sometimes use Bridgette as an MP3 player at the gym (but now I usually use my Zune) so I was thinking that streaming Pandora would be perfect for times when I didn't have my Zune for some reason...because I always have Bridgette

The next day it happenned.

I was driving home from work (which usually takes me 45 minutes) and my Zune battery died.  I put the Zune away, but received an email at the same time.  Traffic was bad, so I checked the email.  I didn't need any canadian meds, so I put Bridgette down onto my seat...next to my lonely, Zuneless, FM modulator.  At that point I could hear Bridgette saying come on Nate, plug me in...you know you want it.  I can't beleive I never thought of trying to stream music in my car.  I guess it isn't all that straight-forward as cars don's have the internet, but still, I am usually on top of that kind of stuff.

It was awesome, sounded great, had way better songs than any radio stations, and never has commercials.  In short, it makes a long, crappy commute much better.  In fact, after listening for only 10 minutes I couldn't see myself being without Pandora in the car ever again.  

Thanks Bridgette, you're the best!

6 comments:

linda said...

wow, i listened to pandora, I'll admit it....It's beautiful. I almost got teary. A customized radio station based on one that I love. It's how I worded it in my prayers....(sigh)

Jeremy said...

I believe Sirius/Xm have the patent on that technology. John Doll's SWAT team is on their way.

On a related note, I have been downloading Glenn Beck's podcasts from his radio show for the last year or so for my 40min drive. Wow! What a difference that makes to your time in the car. You know what, his show is honestly more funny than informative most of the time.

Nate said...

That's a good idea Jer. Heidi's an insider, I should grab that sometime.

Glad you like pandora sis. There's no end to its greatness. The sad part is that you'll find all sorts of music you like and you'll buy more cd's.

Anonymous said...

Nate,
just downloaded pandora on to my blackberry...i hope i can figure it out...i just got this blackberry on friday and wow! it is awesome...very different from the htc touch, so it is taking some getting used to...happy listening.

julie

Julie Rose said...

ok! Pandora is FREAKING AWESOME!!! i can listen to nickleback like songs all day..YES!!!!!

Nate said...

Glad you like it sis. It's funny that no one in my family knew what Pandora is.