Sunday, February 22, 2009

Turning 30 in the Cave


Remember the days when you thought 30 was old?  Well, now I'm 30...and I still think it is.

There will always one nice comforting factor though.  I am still at least 10 years younger than the other kid's parents in Austin's school classes.

One side note that makes me feel old and has taken some time to come to terms with:  my second favorite XM station now is "Lithium," which happens to be 90's alternative music.  Urgh, I listen to music from a particular decade...that is totally old man material (even if it is music like stone temple pilots, smashing pumpkins, etc.).

Maybe I should start writing in a bigger font.


2 comments:

Jeremy said...

Turning 30 for me happened to fall in the same year that I would have finished law school and started a job making a real paycheck. Thus, since undergrad, Hill and I looked forward to my 30th as a year of liberating ourselves from apartments and "poor" life. Little did we know that getting a job just meant that we would spend more money to keep up with the increased influx of capital.

Linda Barton said...

Okay, since you are turning 30 I will be sentimental slash cheesy.

It was a snowy night when you were born (j/k I was 4, I don't remember.) You have always been a special little bro to me. (so special, you should join the special olympics HA!).

But seriously, in 30 short years, you have accomplished many great things. I could name them but you already kind of have a big head. (Ya, ya we get it from our dad.)

Getting older is no big deal. to quote the words of "Cake" "...as soon as we're born we start dying" so what's one more b-day?

I am proud of you, I enjoy talking to you even though we disagree sometimes I know you study things out in your mind and I respect your opinion. You have a beautiful family who is lucky to have you for a dad. You are a man of your word which is becoming more rare these days, and I miss you like crazy.

I love you like a brother and wish we could celebrate this milestone with you, but since we can't...Here's to you! (insert clinking glass sound here for our toast)

With love,
Linda